Examining patients, taking medical histories, addressing patients' concerns, and answering patients' questions.
Diagnosing and treating injuries, illnesses, and disorders.
Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests and explaining the results to patients.
Counseling patients on diet, hygiene, preventative healthcare, and other lifestyle changes.
Updating patients' charts and information to reflect current findings and treatments.
Recommending and designing treatment plans. Prescribing medications or therapies.
Explaining medical procedures to patients.
Consulting with other physicians, referring patients to specialists when necessary, and working with other healthcare staff, such as nurses, assistants, and other physicians.
Complying with medical laws (for example, HIPAA).
- Must have obtained an MD or DO degree and completed an accredited residency program.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for delivery of medical care.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of comprehensive medical evaluation, including diagnosis and treatment plans for patients in acute, chronic, cancer or other types of pain and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be credentialed per facility policies and procedures.
- The ability and willingness to stay up to date on advancements, innovations, and developments in the field.
Vista Healthcare and Southwest Spine and Pain are equal opportunity employers, value the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Southwest Spine and Pain will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.